The Andrei Deiu diet resembles the standard bodybuilding approach to building muscle. He eats around 5-6 smaller meals each day, that are balanced in protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Andrei also prefers to blend and drink fruits and vegetables, rather than eat them whole. This helps his body get quick micronutrients, without taking the time to prepare and cook vegetables.
Who is Andrei Deiu?
Andrei Deiu is a Romanian born British bodybuilder, fitness model, and influencer. He began weightlifting as a teenager, before entering his first competition at age 17. Andrei has gained a large following on his social media channels, and provides diet and exercise advice on his YouTube channel.
- Height: 5’11” (180 cm)
- Weight: 175 – 185 lbs (79.4 – 83.9 kg)
- Date of birth: 1996
Andrei Deiu Diet
Andrei will usually eat around 5-6 small meals each day. Small meals help reduce bloating and they provide you with sustainable energy throughout the day. Andrei enjoys protein rich foods like eggs, salmon, chicken breast, and steak. Eating healthy foods like this helps build muscle and reduce body fat.
- 1st meal: Chicken breast, 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 packets of oatmeal, blueberries, and raspberries
- 2nd meal: Chicken breast flavored with BBQ sauce and sweet potatoes
- 3rd meal: Juice with spinach, celery, cucumber, apple, kiwi, and ginger
- 4th meal: Salmon, white rice, and low sodium soy sauce
- 5th meal: Chicken breast flavored with BBQ sauce and sweet potatoes
- 6th meal: Steak, tomatoes, 4 egg whites, and 1 whole egg
You will notice that Andrei doesn’t eat a lot of vegetables, so he will use a juicer to make a smoothie instead. This is an easier way to get your macronutrients in, as you can just drink the vegetables. Juicing can also boost your immune system, help with digesting and aid in weight loss.
Before each chest workout Andrei will go through a series of warm-ups. He will do some light dumbbell flyes and presses, in order to get some blood flowing in the chest. In this workout Andrei focuses on building the upper chest. In his opinion, it’s much harder to increase muscle mass in this area, compared to the lower chest.
- 1st exercise: Incline dumbbell chest press 4 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Flat barbell bench press 3 x 8-12 superset with bench push-up 3 x 10
- 3rd exercise: Pec deck machine 4 x 10-15
- 4th exercise: Standing cable chest fly 4 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Incline bench cable chest fly 4 x 10-15
If you’re looking to build a wide back like Andrei, try out these intense exercises below. He performs each movement for a total of 4 rounds, with a rep breakdown of 15,12,12, and 10. This is the ideal rep range for muscle growth. Less reps will help build strength and more reps will improve your muscular endurance.
- 1st exercise: Wide grip lat pulldown 4 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: T-bar row 4 x 10-15
- 3rd exercise: Barbell row 4 x 10-15
- 4th exercise: Machine low row 4 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Cable pullover with rope 4 x 10-15
- 6th exercise: Barbell deadlift 4 x 10-5
Beginners often incorrectly assume that you need to do heavy presses if you want to get bigger shoulders. However, Andrei says that you need to target the front, side, and rear delts to achieve that three dimensional look. Building each of these smaller shoulder muscles will make your upper body look bigger and give you that rounded look from all angles.
- 1st exercise: Seated machine overhead press 4 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Standing cable lateral raise 4 x 10-15
- 3rd exercise: Seated dumbbell lateral raise 3 x 10 superset with EZ bar upright row 3 x 10
- 4th exercise: Standing cable front raise with rope 4 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Bent over machine rear delt fly 4 x 10-15
- 6th exercise: Reverse pec deck machine 4 x 10-15
Andrei stresses the importance of warming up before leg day. The legs are one of the largest muscles groups in the body, which means you can load up more weight with each movement. But you don’t want to squat, or get on the leg press machine with cold legs. Andrei also says that you don’t want to lock out your legs on some exercises, like the leg press.
- 1st exercise: Leg extension 4 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Leg press 4 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Hack squat 4 x 10-15
- 4th exercise: Single leg hamstring curl 4 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Standing calf raise machine 4 x 15-20
- 6th exercise: Seated calf raise machine 4 x 15-20
Andrei is all about achieving that three dimensional look. When it comes to the biceps and triceps, these are some of his favorite arm exercises. But he says that you shouldn’t just curl heavy weight and hope for your arms to grow. It’s essential to slow down each movement and really focus on squeezing the arm muscles with each repetition.
- 1st exercise: Incline dumbbell skullcrusher 3 x 12-15
- 2nd exercise: Cable triceps pulldown with rope 3 x 12-15
- 3rd exercise: Cable single arm triceps pulldown 3 x 12-15
- 4th exercise: Bent over single arm dumbbell triceps extension 3 x 12-15
- 5th exercise: Close grip EZ bar bench press 3 x 12-15
- 6th exercise: Dumbbell spider curl 3 x 12-15
- 7th exercise: Standing cable curl with rope 3 x 12-15
- 8th exercise: Seated dumbbell isolation curl 3 x 12-15
- 9th exercise: Standing cable curl 3 x 12-15
- 10th exercise: Machine preacher curl 3 x 12-15
Andrei Deiu diet
Andrei Deiu workout plan