The Anllela Sagra diet is all about eating clean foods to stay lean year-round. She follows the carb cycling method and eats high amounts before and after her training sessions. This meal plan along with her hard work ethic has helped Anllela develop one of the most desirable physiques in the fitness industry.
Who is Anllela Sagra?
Anllela Sagra is a Colombian fitness model, personal trainer, and social media influencer. Early on in her career, Anllela was a model with a very skinny build. However, she fell in love with weight training and developed a solid amount of muscle mass after four years of training.
Although her new frame halted her modeling career, Anllela found a new track with fitness modeling. This was one of the best decisions Anllela made, because she was able to break away from the traditional Colombian stereotype that women are supposed to be skinny.
- Height: 5’9″ (175 cm)
- Weight: 125 – 135 lbs (56.7 – 61.2 kg)
- Year of birth: 1993
Anllela Sagra Diet
Anllela enjoys eating fresh, clean foods, because it helps keep her energized. There’s nothing worse than working out sluggish after a heavy, greasy meal. However, Anllela does believe that cheat meals are needed once in a while, to help keep you sane. Below is a sample day of eating for Anllela.
- 1st meal: 1 whole egg, 2/3 cup egg whites, and a bowl of fruit
- 2nd meal: 1 cup of water mixed with 1 scoop of pre-workout
- 3rd meal: 1 scoop whey protein powder, almond butter and Greek yogurt
- 4th meal: 4 ounces grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables on the side
- 5th meal: 4 ounces grilled salmon in a salad, with nuts, olives, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and salad dressing
- 6th meal: 1 whole egg, 2/3 cup egg whites and steamed vegetables
On low carbohydrate days, Anllela will increase her protein and fat intake. This process is called carb cycling, which we will discuss in detail below.
Anllela is a big fan of carb cycling, which is a popular dietary method to help burn fat. You can carb cycle daily, weekly, or monthly, but Anllela will usually avoid eating carbs one day per week (usually Monday). On other days she will up the carbs or keep them at moderate amounts.
Carb cycling can help people maintain a lean physique, but it can also help if you’re stuck in a weight loss plateau. The smartest approach to carb cycling is having high carb days when you’re lifting. For example, you’ll want to eat a lot of carbs on leg days, because you will need the energy.
Anllela believes that cheat meals help keep your fitness goals on track. Eating plain chicken and rice everyday can get boring. That’s why it’s important to reward yourself once in a while.
The most important part about cheat meals is that they are meals. You don’t want your cheat meal turning into a cheat day. This will halt your fitness goals and you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made any progress.
The amount in which you eat throughout the day is also important when it comes to weight loss goals. Anllela will eat around 6 small meals per day to stay lean. This provides her with energy and keeps her from overeating.
Many people incorrectly believe that eating more frequently will lead to gaining more weight. This is false, as long as the meals are smaller and you stay within your daily macronutrient intake. Time your meals so you eat before and after training sessions.
Beginner Full Body Workout
Anllela likes to occasionally do circuit training and full body workouts. This approach keeps her training style fresh and prevents her from getting burned out in the gym. It’s also a great idea to workout like this if you’re short on time. Full body workouts combine weight training with cardio, and they’re challenging because of the limited rest in between sets.
- Warm up: 5-10 minutes walking on treadmill
- 1st exercise: Barbell deadlift 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Jump squat 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Push-up 8-12
- 4th exercise: Weighted wall sit for 30 seconds
Depending on your fitness level, try to complete 3-4 rounds of this full body workout. Rest no more than 15-20 seconds in between sets. These are simple exercises, but doing them with limited rest will challenge your body and keep that heart rate up.
Advanced Full Body Workout
Complete 3-4 rounds of this advanced circuit, for an ultimate full body workout. If you’re finding this circuit too difficult, or too easy, you can always change up the amount of rest in between sets. And if you struggle with pull-ups, you can use the assisted pull-up machine instead. The important thing is to keep your body moving and limit the amount of rest.
- Warm-up: 5-10 minutes walking on treadmill
- 1st exercise: Barbell overhead press 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Skipping rope for 30 seconds
- 3rd exercise: Plie dumbbell squat 10-15
- 4th exercise: Bodyweight kickback 12-15
- 5th exercise: Bodyweight pull-up 6-8
- 6th exercise: Alternating leg raise 12-15
One of the most notable features of Anllela’s physique is her abs. She has toned abs that aren’t too bulky or overdone. And while diet is important to lowering your body fat and having those abs appear, Anllela also trains this muscle group frequently. The great thing about training abs is you can do them almost anywhere – as most of these movements are bodyweight focused.
- 1st exercise: Bench leg raise 3 x 15
- 2nd exercise: Bicycle kicks 3 x 20
- 3rd exercise: Hanging leg twist 3 x 15
- 4th exercise: Kneeling cable crunch
- 5th exercise: Side plank 4 x 30-45 seconds
- Anllela Sagra diet
- Anllela Sagra workout plan