The Calum Von Moger diet is a high calorie meal plan for ultimate muscle growth. Calum struggles to keep weight on, because he has a very fast metabolism. He eats a ton of food and doesn’t count calories in the off-season.
When it comes time to get shredded, Calum will weigh his protein and carbohydrates. Continue reading for a more detailed look into Calum’s diet and workout routine.
Who is Calum Von Moger?
Calum Von Moger is a bodybuilder, actor, and social media influencer. He was born on June 9, 1990 in in a small town in central Victoria, Australia. Calum grew up with his parents and five siblings on a farm, where they grew most of their own food.
|6′ 2″ (188 cm)
|245 – 255 lbs (111.1 – 115.7 kg)
|Year of birth
Growing up in Australia
During his childhood and teenage years, Calum learned about the importance of diet, while working hard on the family farm. He began lifting weights at the young age of 14, alongside his brother in an old warehouse.
Calum’s discipline and hard work mentality developed from the way he was raised. He grew up in a very organized household, where every one of his family members followed a daily routine.
Calum was able to transition this into his bodybuilding career, as he created a strict exercise and diet regime to follow.
Bodybuilding & Acting
Calum has competed in bodybuilding competitions and won the WFF Pro Mr Universe in 2015. In 2017 Calum starred in Generation Iron 2, a documentary that examines the competitive bodybuilding lifestyle.
His debut acting role then came in 2018, where he played a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in Bigger. Calum currently resides in Los Angeles, CA and continues to pursue further acting roles.
Social Media Fame
Calum’s rise to fame came from sharing his shredded physique on Instagram. His likeable personality and playful attitude has gained him millions of followers across various social media platforms.
Calum frequently uploads videos to YouTube, where he shares his intense workout routines and his day-in-the-lifestyle vlogs. His physique resembles the classic bodybuilder, which is arguably the more desirable body type.
Calum Von Moger Diet
Calum will eat around 9 ounces of protein per meal when cutting. On low carb days he eats around 7 ounces of carbs for the day. And on high carb days Calum will eat 9 ounces of carbs.
Most bodybuilders and athletes are very strict at counting their macronutrients. The Calum Von Moger diet does not obsess to this level.
Calum has a general idea of what his body needs to get in the best shape – so he doesn’t worry about each gram of protein, carbohydrates and fat. Here’s what his standard cutting diet looks like.
Cutting Meal Plan
|Chicken and rice
|Lean ground beef and sweet potato
|Tuna and rice
|Whey protein (post workout)
|Chicken and sweet potato
In the off-season Calum follows a very high calorie diet. It’s not suitable for people with slow metabolisms or those who gain weight easily.
If you’re trying to get shredded, this is not the diet for you. Calum can eat this much food, because he lifts heavy weight and has a naturally large frame.
Bulking Meal Plan
|Smoothie with 4 eggs, a glass milk, one banana, 3 scoops of ice cream, a tbsp honey, and 2 scoops of protein powder and a high carb bowl of cereal (coco-pops, fruit loops, etc.)
|Chicken with pasta
|Steak with 2 cups of white rice
|Tuna with 2 cups of white rice
|Steak with mashed potatoes and a salad
|Oatmeal and milk or Nutella and toast with a protein shake
Calum makes sure to drink plenty of water during his off-season bulk. He will typically drink 3-4 liters of water a day.
Calum Von Moger Workout Routine
Calum likes to have a pre workout meal before lifting. The combination of protein and carbs help fuel his training session. He also drinks BCAA’s throughout his intense workout and has a scoop of whey protein when he’s done.
Calum needs a high amount of carbs around his workouts, because his body burns them all up very quickly. Below is the legendary Calum Von Moger workout plan.
- 1st exercise: Peck deck/fly machine 3 x 15-20 (warm up chest before next exercises)
- 2nd exercise: Incline bench press 4 x 12 with a drop set at the end
- 3rd exercise: Flat machine chest press 4 x 12 (focus on form)
- 4th exercise: Dips 3 x 15 (dips help develop lower pectoral muscles)
- 5th exercise: Dumbbell flyes on slight incline 4 x 15
- 6th exercise: Dumbbell pullovers 4 x 12 (great exercise to add thickness)
- 1st exercise: Wide grip lat pulldown 3 x 10-15 (make sure to engage lats)
- 2nd exercise: Superset of low cable pulley rows 3 x 10
- 3rd exercise: Machine row 3 x 10-15 (more control with single arm)
- 4th exercise: Seated cable row 3 x 10-15 (great exercise for targeting middle back)
- 5th exercise: Rack pulls 3 x 10 (remember to keep the bar close to your body)
- 1st exercise: Leg extension 5 x 15 (warm up legs before next exercises)
- 2nd exercise: Front squat machine 4 x 15
- 3rd exercise: Leg press 4 x 15 (with drop set at the end)
- 4th exercise: Hack Squats 3 x 15
- 1st exercise: Standing barbell press behind the neck 6 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Standing dumbbell press 4 x 8-12 (with drop set at the end)
- 3rd exercise: Upright barbell row 3 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Dumbbell lateral raise 4 x 8-12 (with drop set at the end)
- 5th exercise: Cable rear delt fly 4 x 8-12
- 1st exercise: Straight bar biceps curl 4 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Alternating dumbbell curl 4 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: EZ bar preacher curl 4 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Triceps cable pushdown 4 x 8-12
- 5th exercise: EZ bar skullcrusher 4 x 8-12
- 6th exercise: Cable rope overhead triceps extension 4 x 8-12
Calum Von Moger Injuries
In 2018, Calum had a string of bad luck. In January, he attempted a 400-pound dumbbell curl with another person. Calum ended up tearing his bicep on this risky lift, which forced him to take time off to recover.
Later in April, Calum was involved in a cliff accident where he ruptured his quadriceps tendon and dislocated his knee cap.
“I’ve never hit rock bottom mentally and physically like this before”
Although these injuries have set him back, Calum has made it clear to his fans that he will never give up pursuing his bodybuilding dreams. He will continue to fight and will return stronger than ever.
His followers have shown an overwhelming amount of support on social media, which has been a driving factor for his comeback.
2020 and Beyond
The world went through a major change in the first few months of 2020. Like most of us, Calum had to practice social distancing. Luckily enough, Calum was able to build a decent home gym in his garage.
Calum’s quarantine style workouts became very popular on his YouTube channel. These workouts kept him motivated and helped his fans manage through some difficult times.
2020 was also the year Calum had planned for his bodybuilding comeback. After his devastating injuries it looked like Calum’s physique was almost back to competition shape.
Unfortunately Calum and his fans must wait until life gets back to normal and he can compete again. If one thing is for certain, Calum will still be making muscle gains in his garage gym!
- Calum Von Moger diet plan
- Calum Von Moger workout routine