The CT Fletcher diet is all about eating clean most of the time. CT has come a long way from his powerlifting days, where he used to eat fast food cheeseburgers each day. He now eats chicken, eggs, vegetables, and brown rice to stay lean. But CT isn’t afraid to let loose once in a while and enjoy a cheat meal.
Who is CT Fletcher?
CT Fletcher is a powerlifter, bodybuilder, personal trainer, actor, and YouTuber. He began powerlifting in the 1980’s and built a reputation for his incredible strength. CT has a massive following online and began uploading fitness videos to his YouTube channel in 2013. Today CT owns Iron Addicts Gym, located in Signal Hill, California.
- Height: 5’11” (180 cm)
- Weight: 225 – 235 lbs (102.1 – 106.6 kg)
- Year of Birth: 1959
CT Fletcher Diet
For over 20 years CT was a powerlifter, and he would literally eat anything that wasn’t nailed down. During this time it was normal for him to eat around 8 cheeseburgers (with fries) each day! CT has really changed up his diet since then and eats healthier foods now. Every once in a while he will have a cheat meal.
- 1st meal: Whole eggs, egg whites and oatmeal
- 2nd meal: Chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli
- 3rd meal: 2 scoops whey protein and fruit
- 4th meal: Lean ground turkey, sweet potato broccoli
- 5th meal: 2 scoops whey protein and Greek yogurt
- 6th meal: Chicken breast, brown rice and asparagus
This diet consists of high protein, moderate amounts of carbs and fat. 90% of the time CT eats clean foods and leaves the remaining 10% for cheat meals. When preparing for a bodybuilding competition, CT doesn’t allow himself to have cheat meals. He eats clean all the time in order to get as lean as possible for the show.
In this particular chest workout, CT focused on overtraining. This type of training has a bad reputation, but it relies on pushing your body past its comfort zone. Overtraining isn’t about going too heavy and hurting yourself. It’s more of a mindset CT follows that helps him focus and squeeze out a few more reps.
- 1st exercise: Flat barbell bench press 6 x 6-12
- 2nd exercise: Incline barbell bench press 5 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Chest dip with chains 5 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Pec deck machine 5 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Standing cable fly superset with bodyweight push up x 3 sets to failure
CT likes to start off his back day with pull ups. These help activate the back muscles, before heavier sets later in the workout. Pull ups are a very functional back movement and they help build your lats. Having wide lats is key to developing a v-taper and building a thick upper body.
- 1st exercise: Pull up 5 x 8-10
- 2nd exercise: Barbell bent over row 5 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Plate loaded deadlift machine superset with plate loaded machine row 4 x 5
- 4th exercise: Seated lat pulldown 5 x 8-12 with fat grip bar
- 5th exercise: T bar row 5 x 8-12
It’s important to go through a proper warm up routine, before shoulder day. CT will usually grab a barbell and do over the head presses and behind the neck presses. These movements help lubricate the shoulder joint and activate the muscles. Once CT’s heart rate is up, he will begin shoulder training.
- 1st exercise: Seated dumbbell press 5 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Barbell upright row 5 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Incline shoulder press machine 5 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Standing dumbbell lateral raise 4 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Standing dumbbell front raise 4 x 10-15
- 6th exercise: Reverse pec deck machine 4 x 10-15
Leg day is one of the most challenging body parts when it comes to training. CT believes that you should leave everything you can in the gym and be exhausted after this workout. Pyramid squats are the foundation for this specific leg day. Build up the reps, then drop them back down.
- 1st exercise: Barbell squat 5 x 6-12
- 2nd exercise: Hack squat 5 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Dumbbell stiff leg deadlift 5 x 10-12
- 4th exercise: Seated leg extension 5 x 10-12
- 5th exercise: Barbell walking lunge 5 x 10-12
- 6th exercise: Standing calf raise machine 5 x 15-20
This is a hardcore arm workout that is guaranteed to make your biceps and triceps grow. The first exercise is a dropset that consists of 100 reps! CT does 10 reps of the triceps push down, for 10 sets. He has someone stand nearby the machine to switch the weight every 10 reps. This is not a dropset where the weight gets lowered, it’s a random selected weight each time.
- 1st exercise: Triceps rope push down 10 x 10
- 2nd exercise: Single arm dumbbell preacher curl x 2 sets to failure
- 3rd exercise: French curl x 4 sets to failure
- 4th exercise: Incline dumbbell curl x 2 sets to failure
- 5th exercise: 2-position dumbbell kickback 2 x 40 reps (each arm)
- 6th exercise: Close grip chin up 2 x 10
- 7th exercise: Gauntlet for triceps 1 pyramid set x 200 reps
- CT Fletcher diet plan
- CT Fletcher workout routine