The Dana Linn Bailey diet follows the standard bodybuilding approach of eating multiple small meals throughout the day. Although this works for Dana, she recognizes the fact that there are other meal plans that can work just as well.
Who is Dana Linn Bailey?
Dana Linn Bailey is an accomplished IFBB athlete and fitness influencer. She was very active growing up and loved to play sports. She played soccer during college, where she met her now husband, Rob Bailey.
Today, Dana and Rob live in Pennsylvania, where they also run the Warhouse Gym. The gym is known for having fitness events where other social media influencers show up and have informational sessions.
- Height: 5’5″ (165 cm)
- Weight: 125 – 135 lbs (56.7 – 61.2 kg
- Year of birth: 1980
Dana Linn Bailey Diet
The Dana Linn Bailey diet can vary depending on her current physique goals. If she is prepping for a bodybuilding show, she will carefully track her macros, in order to gradually drop body fat. This will give her that shredded look, while still retaining a solid amount of muscle.
Dana believes that you need to find the foods that work best for you. In the beginning of her career she only ate brown rice – because she was told that it was the “healthier” option. As she gained more nutritional knowledge, she then switched to white rice. Dana thinks that it tastes better and their isn’t a huge difference between the two.
- First Meal: 1 whole egg, 1 cup of egg whites, almond milk and oatmeal with fruit.
- Second Meal: Greek yogurt and some almonds.
- Third Meal: 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast, with white rice and Frank’s Redhot sauce.
- Fourth Meal: 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast or tuna, with sweet potatoes and broccoli.
- Fifth Meal: Low sugar cereal, 2 rice cakes, 1 tbsp of almond butter and 2 scoops of whey protein.
When it comes to maintaining a clean diet, planning is a must! If you travel as much as Dana does, you need to plan out your meals ahead of time. Consistency is key, so if you eat one or two bad meals, just get back on track. And don’t turn your cheat meal into a cheat week – that will surly set you off-course.
Dana Linn Bailey Chest Workout
Here’s a Dana Linn Bailey chest workout that will not only build up your chest, but also increase your strength. Dana focuses on the bench press for the beginning of the workout, so you will have enough energy. You will also notice that not all the exercises have reps – as Dana likes to train to failure.
- 1st exercise: 5 RM bench press
- 2nd exercise: Bench 4 x 5 at 90% 5 RM
- 3rd exercise: Fly roll out to push out
- 4th exercise: Incline dumbbell press 5 x 12/10/8/6
- 5th exercise: Incline cable fly x 4-5 sets
- 6th exercise: Cable cross fly into dumbbell floor press x 4-5 sets
Dana Linn Bailey Shoulder Workout
This is a unique shoulder workout from Dana, because the first few exercises only involve cables. If you’re having trouble with the seated cable overhead press, you can always do it lying down. The last exercise is meant as a finisher. The front raise into the clean and press counts as one rep.
- 1st exercise: Seated cable front raise 4 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Seated cable face pull 4 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Seated cable overhead press 4 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Standing dumbbell lateral raise 4 x 8-12
- 5th exercise: Seated dumbbell overhead press 4 x 8-12
- 6th exercise: Incline dumbbell rear fly 4 x 8-12
- 7th exercise: Alternating front raise into clean and press 4 x 10
Dana Linn Bailey Back Workout
Each time Dana trains back she trains differently. But she still likes to start her back workouts with a heavy compound movement. With that being said, she does not follow that approach with this workout. Instead, you will find supersets and other exercises in this intense back workout.
- 1st exercise: Bent over cable lat pull down 4 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Close grip seated cable row 4 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Wagon wheel barbell deadlift 4 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Wide grip seated lat pulldown 4 x 8-12
- 5th exercise: Behind the head lat pull down 4 x 8-12
- 6th exercise: Barbell row 4 x 8-12
- 7th exercise: Reverse push-up on rack 4 x 8-12
- 8th exercise: Machine rear delt fly 4 x 8-12
Dana Linn Bailey Leg Workout
On leg days, Dana also likes to begin with a heavy compound movement. Think squats, leg press, etc. In this particular workout she utilizes the pause squat. This exercise is a great way to train your body to stay tight and it will help build additional strength in the back, hips and abs.
- Warm-up: Seated leg curl 2 x 10 (slow and hold)
- 1st exercise: Pause squat 5 x 6-8
- 2nd exercise: Long pause squat 5 x 3 (2 second hold)
- 3rd exercise: Lying leg curl 4 x 10 drop 10, drop 10
- 4th exercise: Barbell stiff leg deadlift 5 x 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
- 5th exercise: Elevated dumbbell sumo squat 4 x 15
- 6th exercise: Single leg extension 4 x 10-12 superset with single leg Bulgarian Squat 4 x 10-12 (hold one Dumbbell)
Dana Linn Bailey Arm Workout
Dana has made it clear that training arms is not her favorite, but this is the workout she prefers. This workout includes a giant set – which is four exercises in a row. The first giant set will focus on biceps, while the second giant set will focus on triceps. This is a unique way to divide your workout.
- 1st exercise: Straight bar curl 4 x 10-12
- 2nd exercise: Dumbbell hammer curl 4 x 10-12
- 3rd exercise: Reverse grip cable curl 4 x 10-12
- 4th exercise: Reverse grip pulldown 4 x 10-12
- 5th exercise: EZ bar skull crusher 4 x 10-12
- 6th exercise: EZ bar close grip press 4 x 10-12
- 7th exercise: Overhead rope cable extension 4 x 10-12
- 8th exercise: Rope extension 4 x 10-12
You can tell by the above workouts that Dana likes to switch things up. This keeps each exercise fresh and you won’t get burned out when training. If you go to the gym and try to do the same exercises each day, you will get tired very quickly.
- Dana Linn Bailey diet plan
- Dana Linn Bailey workout routine