The Iain Valliere diet is a high calorie, muscle building meal plan. In order to maintain his massive 260 pound frame, Iain needs to eat a high amount of calories throughout the day. Continue reading for an exact breakdown of what foods he eats and his hardcore training routine.
Who is Iain Valliere?
Iain Valliere is a Canadian professional bodybuilder and personal trainer. He has had a successful career and began competing competitively since 2010. In addition to being a bodybuilder, he coaches Chris Bumstead – Classic Physique athlete and Mr Olympia Men’s Classic Physique champion.
- Height: 5’10” (178 cm)
- Weight: 260 lbs (117.9 kg)
- Year of birth: 1990
Iain Valliere Diet Plan
Iain is very strategic when it comes to his diet. Sometimes he will have higher carb days, while other times he will have lower carb days. This is refereed to as carb cycling and it can help athletes overcome weight loss plateaus and aid with fat loss. Let’s take a look at what Iain might eat throughout the day.
- 1st meal: 2 whole eggs, 200 g egg whites, 100 g oats, and 30 g whey protein
- 2nd meal: 300 g chicken breast and 200 g sweet potato, salt, and pepper (pre workout)
- 3rd meal: 400 g white fish and 100 g jasmine rice (post workout)
- 4th meal: 400 g white fish and 100 g jasmine rice
- 5th meal: 200 g salmon and 200 g sweet potato
- 6th meal: 200 g egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 100 g ground beef, and 30 g walnuts
Total: 3,679 calories / 412 g protein / 81 g fat / 327 g carbs
Iain also makes sure to include enough salt in his diet. If you’re an athlete who’s training on a regular basis, it’s critical to provide enough sodium to your body. Iain says that his body sweets a lot when working out for 2-3 hours in the gym. His body will lose sodium, which is why it’s so important to replenish it with food.
You might have noticed that Iain’s final meal of the day is very high in protein and fats, and low on carbohydrates. This helps delay digestion and keeps essential amino acids full in your system overnight. As a result, Iain won’t weak up in the morning starving, so it will be easier for him to do his fasted cardio.
Iain Valliere Workout Routine
Iain Valliere follows the standard bodybuilding approach to working out. He will preform various isolation exercises and focus on a different muscle group each day. Iain lifts moderately heavy weight and sticks to the 8-12 rep range for each movement. Iain also makes sure to allow enough time in between sets, so he can catch his breath.
Studies have shown that this is the most effective way to build muscle. When training for a bodybuilding competition he will increase his amount of cardio. He prefers to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. This type of fasted cardio can help with fat loss and you won’t feel bloated when working out on the treadmill, StairMaster, or stationary bike.
Let’s take a look at how Iain might train, depending on what muscle group he is focused on for that day.
- 1st exercise: Flat bench press 5 x 6-12
- 2nd exercise: Incline bench press 5 x 10-12
- 3rd exercise: Incline cable fly 3 x 10 superset with bench pushup until failure
- 4th exercise: Incline kettlebell fly 5 x 8-10
- 5th exercise: Low cable fly 3 x 15
- 1st exercise: Barbell row 4 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Incline machine row 4 x 8-12
- 3rd exercise: Close grip lat pulldown 4 x 10-12
- 4th exercise: Plate loaded T-bar machine 4 x 8-12
- 5th exercise: Reverse chest press machine 4 x 8-12
- 6th exercise: Close grip seated row 4 x 8-12
- 1st exercise: Seated dumbbell overhead press 4 x 8-12
- 2nd exercise: Front dumbbell raise 4 x 12-15
- 3rd exercise: Barbell overhead press 4 x 8-10
- 4th exercise: Single arm dumbbell front raise 4 x 12-15
- 5th exercise: Cable reverse rear delt fly 4 x 12-15
- 1st exercise: Barbell squat 5 x 6-12
- 2nd exercise: Barbell walking lunge 4 x 10 (each leg)
- 3rd exercise: Hack squat 4 x 12-15
- 4th exercise: Leg extension 4 x 10-12
- 5th exercise: Lying hamstring curl 4 x 10-12
- 6th exercise: Standing calf raise machine 4 x 15
- 1st exercise: Triceps rope pulldown 4 x 15
- 2nd exercise: Incline EZ bar skullcrusher 4 x 12
- 3rd exercise: Cable overhead extension 4 x 12
- 4th exercise: Standing cable curl 4 x 10-12
- 5th exercise: EZ bar preacher curl 4 x 8-12
- 6th exercise: Single arm cable curl 4 x 8-12
- 7th exercise: Single arm triceps extension 3 x 8-12 superset with reverse grip cable curl 3 x 8-12
- Iain Valliere diet plan
- Iain Valliere workout routine