The Karina Elle diet involves natural ingredients and simple eating. Unlike many other fitness models, Karina does not count calories. Instead, she emphasizes portion control and will eat 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day. This prevents her from overeating and provides her body with sustainable energy.
Who is Karina Elle?
Karina Elle is a fitness model, personal trainer, and social media influencer. Growing up Karina competed with her older brother – which led her to join the track team in school. After graduating she continued to train hard and used fitness to build a career. Karina is now a GymShark sponsored athlete and trains with other fitness influencers.
Height: 5’11” (180 cm)
Weight: 135 – 145 lbs (61.2 – 65.8 kg)
Year of birth: 1991
Karina Elle Diet
As briefly mentioned above, Karina Elle does not track macros, or count calories. So, how does she maintain a lean physique year-round? The answer is no surprise. Karina eats a balanced diet of natural foods, with whole ingredients. She avoids junk food, sugary drinks, and anything that is processed or loaded with chemicals. Here’s what a sample day of eating might look like for Karina.
- 1st meal: Green smoothie with protein powder, cucumbers, broccoli, avocado, kale, spinach, celery, bell peppers, ginger, lemon, and berries
- 2nd meal: Sweet potato toast with tuna, egg, cheese, salt, and sriracha
- 3rd meal: Salad with grilled chicken breast, olives, spinach, carrots, olive oil, kidney beans, cucumber, and tomato
- 4th meal: Turmeric tofu scramble with organic tofu, Ezekiel bread, onion, avocado, and spices
- 5th meal: Low carb tacos with shrimp, mango, avocado, cucumber, onion, tomato, cilantro, and lettuce wraps
Now this doesn’t mean Karina won’t indulge once in a while and eat a cheat meal. She loves a classic burger and fries – which it totally fine to eat every so often. Karina also says it helps to keep your body full of fiber. This means you’re less likely to get addicted to processed, fatty foods. Once you get used to eating clean, your body will crave more fruits and vegetables.
Karina Elle Workout Plan
Karina has a very diverse workout routine. She does weightlifting, running, and circuit training – depending on the day. It’s smart to change up your exercise plan like this on a regular basis, because it shocks the body and improves your overall fitness. It’s also very boring to do the same thing at the gym every day and you can get stuck in a rut.
Bodybuilding Leg Workout
This leg workout focuses on isolation exercises. Karina follows many different styles of training, but this would be considered a classic bodybuilding leg day. Each exercise targets a specific muscle group, which is important for building the legs. You need to train the quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves to grow and develop your legs.
- 1st exercise: Leg press 3 x 8-15
- 2nd exercise: Hack squat 3 x 8-15
- 3rd exercise: Smith machine deadlift 3 x 8-12
- 4th exercise: Lying leg curl 3 x 10-12
- 5th exercise: Seated leg extension 3 x 10-15
- 6th exercise: Donkey calf raise 3 x 15-20
Endurance Leg Workout
Here’s another example leg day workout from Karina. This training focuses on HIIT, mixed with bodybuilding exercises. For these exercises the weight will be lower, but the rep range will be higher. This will build the endurance in your leg muscles. You want to limit the amount of rest in between sets and quickly move on to the next movement.
- 1st exercise: 5 minute treadmill warm up
- 2nd exercise: Barbell curtsy lunge 4 x 20
- 3rd exercise: Burpee to box jump 4 x 10
- 4th exercise: Barbell thruster 4 x 20
- 5th exercise: Barbell sumo deadlift 4 x 15
- 6th exercise: Static stretching
Bodybuilding Upper Body Workout
To maintain a lean upper body, it’s necessary to lift lighter weight, with more volume. Karina maintains a balanced physique from this concept and she avoids dedicated one muscle group to each day. This training style is not only time consuming, but it would add too much bulk on her frame. Weight train once a week for a strong upper body.
- 1st exercise: Hammer strength press 3 x 10-15
- 2nd exercise: Incline dumbbell fly 3 x 15
- 3rd exercise: Seated lat pull down 3 x 10-12
- 4th exercise: Dumbbell row 3 x 10-15
- 5th exercise: Seated dumbbell press 3 x 10-12
- 6th exercise: Alternating front and side raise 3 x 15
Endurance Upper Body Workout
Combining bodybuilding exercises with endurance training, is key to a well-rounded physique. Karina still likes to incorporate circuit style training, from her days when she ran track. This endurance upper body workout is challenging, because of the amount of limited rest in between sets. You will also work your abs and other muscle groups in the body.
- 1st exercise: 5 minute treadmill warm up
- 2nd exercise: Rowing machine 3 x 60 seconds
- 3rd exercise: Standing kettlebell press 3 x 15
- 4th exercise: Battle rope 3 x 30 seconds
- 5th exercise: Bodyweight pull up 3 x 8-10
- 6th exercise: Burpee 3 x 10
- 7th exercise: Hanging leg raise 3 x 15
Karina Elle diet
Karina Elle workout plan