These air fryer apples are the perfect guilt-free snack for the fall! The air fryer helps make the apple slices tender, which pairs well with the brown sugar sauce.
Fall might be known for pumpkin spice lattes, but let’s not forget about apples. And while I love a fresh slice of homemade apple pie, I don’t always want all those calories.
Why not take away the crust from this classic fall recipe? It results in juicy and sweet apples slices. The best part? You can whip these air fryer apples up in around 10 minutes.
It doesn’t stop there. These air fryer apples go perfectly on top of oatmeal, or with a bowl of cereal. But you can also enjoy them on their own for a healthier fall snack.
- Brown sugar
- Oil or cooking spray
I used 4 medium size apples for this recipe – which came out to around 300 grams (after they were sliced and without the core). The Macintosh red variety is my favorite, but any kind of apples will work.
These air fryer apples are quick and easy to make! Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions. Here’s an overview of the general steps:
Start off by slicing the apples. You can either cut them into wedges or circles. Make sure the slices are not too thin, as they will become more flimsy once cooked.
I also recommenced keeping the skin on, because it helps the apples stay together during the cooking process. Once sliced, coat them with oil or cooking spray.
Then sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top of the apples. You can also do this in a large mixing bowl to help each slice get an even coat on them.
Next, place the apples in a preheated air fryer at 350° F. Cook them for 10-12 minutes (flipping halfway through). For basket style air fryers, make sure to shake the basket halfway.
When it comes to oven style air fryers, all you need to do is switch the rack positions during cooking. Once the apples are fully cooked, remove them from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked questions
- How long do you cook apples in the air fryer?
Sliced apples will take around 10-12 minutes to cook in the air fryer. The specific amount of time will depend on how thick each slice is and the variety.
- What temperature to air fry apples?
Apples taste best when cooked at 350° F in the air fryer. The end result tastes like a sweet apple pie, or apple crisp.
- Are air fryer apples healthy?
Yes, air fryer apples can be healthy. It all comes down to how you season the apples and the ingredients used. Adding small amounts of brown sugar will create a sweet treat without all the extra calories.
- What fruit can you air fry?
You can air fry many different kinds of fruit. Apples, blueberries, pears, peaches, bananas, mangoes, and strawberries are some of the most popular kinds.
Air Fryer Apples
- Air Fryer
- 4 medium apples 300 grams sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 350° F and cut the apples into wedges or slices.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the apples. You can do this in a large mixing bowl to help coat them evenly.
- Place apples in the air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway through to promote even cooking.
- When finished, remove apples from the air fryer and serve immediately.
- These apples pair well on top of oatmeal. It helps to stir them around in the oats so that the brown sugar and cinnamon mix in better.