These air fryer steak tips are juicy, tender and flavorful! The best part is, they only take 5 minutes to cook – which makes for a quick weekday meal if you’re in a rush!
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s very beginner friendly. You don’t have to worry about messing up the steak unless you overcook it for too long.
To help you get the most amount of flavor, it helps to marinate these steak tips for 1-2 hours. There’s no need to keep them in the refrigerator overnight, because it will affect the texture of the meat.
Top off these air fryer steak tips with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve them over jasmine rice. This makes for a healthy dish you can meal prep and enjoy all week.
- Steak: I’m using ribeye steak for this recipe, but you can really use any kind of cut you want. It all depends on your personal preference.
- Soy Sauce: Marinating your air fryer steak in soy sauce will make it sweet and juicy. Try the low sodium version if you’re watching your salt intake.
- Garlic Powder: I didn’t have fresh garlic for this recipe, so I opted for the powder variety instead. This is what makes it a quick and easy meal!
- Onion Powder: There’s nothing like the combination of onion and garlic. A little goes a long way with this seasoning, so use it sparingly.
- Sea Salt: I like to add a pinch of sea salt to most marinades. I prefer the texture and taste of sea salt, which is why I’m using it here.
- Scallions: For a truly authentic Asian dish, slice up some scallions as a topping. It adds the perfect amount of flavor and a little crunch.
- Sesame Seeds: You can also sprinkle a few sesame seeds to this dish. They have a sweet and nutty taste, which makes the air fryer steak taste even better.
Start off by slicing your steak into 1-1.5 inch cubes. Cutting them too small will result in a faster cooking time. Similarly, if the pieces are too big they will take longer in the air fryer
Set the steak to the side once it’s cut to your liking and the fat has been trimmed off. In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
Stir with a whisk until all of the ingredients are mixed together. Then, slowly add in the steak and toss around to make sure each piece gets coated. Place this bowl in your refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Once the steak is marinated to your liking, place the tips in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400° F. Don’t forget to flip the steak halfway through so it can cook evenly.
Remove the steak from your air fryer when finished and serve immediately. Because these steak tips (or bites) are small, they will cool down fast. Enjoy with rice or fresh veggies!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I cook steak for in the air fryer?
For these air fryer steak bites, you only need to cook them for 5 minutes at 400° F. Just remember that a traditional size steak will take much longer (anywhere from 10-14 minutes).
- Do I need to flip my steak in the air fryer?
Yes, you will need to flip your steak if you have a basket air fryer. For oven style air fryers, you only need to switch the rack positions halfway through, in order to cook your steak evenly.
- Why is my air fryer steak tough?
If your air fryer steak is too tough, chances are it was overcooked. This can happen when you cut up your steak into pieces that are too small. Smaller size chucks will always cook fast than larger ones.
- How do you cook a steak in an air fryer without it drying out?
Cooking juicy air fryer steak can be done by combining high heat (400° F) and a shorter cook time. This will prevent your steak from drying out by holding in all the juices.
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- Air Fryer
- 1 lbs ribeye steak or steak of choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- scallions optional
- sesame seeds optional
- Cut steak into 1-2 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Slowly add in steak tips and stir them around until each one is coated. Place the bowl in your fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Put the steak in a preheated air fryer set at 400° F. Cook for 5 minutes flipping halfway through. Serve over rice with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.